I’ve had such a great experience this past month. So great it didn’t even feel like a month while I was in it. I realised that it was because I was doing what I love. Even in the stressful moments, I knew I would not rather do anything else. This letter is more fun than anything, but it’s worth thinking about. Do you experience any of the things I do? Are you doing what you love?
So here’s what happens to me when I’m doing what I love:
1. I forget what day of the week it is and don’t even mind “working” on the weekend.
2. I want to do it more.
3. I want to learn all there is to know about how to do it better.
4. I almost don’t even care if others think it’s a good choice or not (you know I seek external advice a lot when I’m uncertain).
5. I’m doing what I love, so I love what I do. It’s hard not to be content and satisfied.
6. At the same time, I’m never fully satisfied, which pushes me forward. You’re either going forward or backward. I choose forward.
7. I am able to RELEASE past hurt. Rejection, dismissal, harsh words… the memories of those were weighing on me REALLY HEAVILY. Knowing that I am following the path I love allows me to say a healthy and forgiving and definite goodbye to all of them. I swear I feel 10 lbs lighter.
8. I lose track of time. Hours will pass before I know it. I can spend 10 hours rehearsing and not feel drained (not every day, mind you, but still).
9. At the same time, I find time also slows right down in the best way. When I’m stressed and rushing to do something or go somewhere that doesn’t serve my spirit, it’s like there’s never enough time. When I’m living according to my purpose and passion, it feels like I have all the time in the world and everything gets done.
What things happen to you when you’re doing what you love? I’d love to hear from you! If you’re a wordpress member, share in the comments! If not, feel free to message me wherever you connect with me and I’ll share them in the comments for you.
All my love,